Star Boxing signs Joshua Clottey
Star Boxing announced the signing of former world champion Joshua Clottey to an exclusive promotional contract it was announced by its President, Joe DeGuardia
Known as the “Grand Master”, Clottey possesses a record of 36-4-0 (22KO’s), highlighted by victories over former world champions Diego Corrales and Zab Judah.
The native of Ghana, now residing in the Bronx, New York, Clottey also battled welterweight world champion Miguel Cotto over twelve rounds at the famed Madison Square Garden in June 2009, a hotly contested battle lost by controversial split decision.
“We’re very excited to welcome Joshua Clottey to the Star Boxing Team,” said DeGuardia. “He’s fought the very best in the world including Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto and he fits very favorably in the mix in the top ten middleweights in the world.”
“I’ve watched Joshua for many years and have always been very impressed by his power and aggressive style. His world title fight against Miguel Cotto was one of the most memorable bouts New York City fight fans have seen for many years.”
Details of Clottey’s first bout under the Star Boxing banner will be announced shortly.
- Prospects showcased on Saturday at Fight Night at Horseshoe Hammond
- Fury-Chisora, Saunders-Eubank Jr Weigh-In Videos
- Sky Sports to broadcast Khan vs Alexander
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special