Samoa and Fiji mends boxing rift in the ring
Press Release: Pacific Rim Boxing Championship (11th November 2012) Pacific Rim Boxing Championship (PRBC) Chairman, Mr. Edwin Puni in a letter to Fiji promoter Mr. Abdul Khan said, “The confirmation of Samoa middleweight champion Pele Faumui’s participation in your upcoming promotion is an affirmation of Samoa’s commitment to the regional initiative (PRBC) and in acknowledgement of the important role promoters play in the development of boxing which is mostly misunderstood.”
“While the decision by Fiji not to send boxers to Samoa to participate in the inaugural PRBC in June is disappointing, I have since met with Mr. Ale Vena Ale, Samoa boxing commissioner and also met with Samoa PRBC promoter Mr. Tuilagi Saipele Esera to sort out any potential rift between Samoa and Fiji because of Fiji’s decision.”
The upcoming Wild West Boxing Promotion pro-am program on Saturday 1st December 2011 in Nadi is the first boxing program to be sanctioned by the new Boxing Commission of Fiji.
Mr. Puni said, “I am also in regular contact with Team Faumui. Pele is preparing well and looking forward to the return match in Nadi with Fiji middleweight champion Abhay Chand.”
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision