Roman Martinez in China, ready for Diego Magdaleno
World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior lightweigh champion, Roman “Rocky” Martinez, traveled today to China, where he will be facing undefeated Diego Magdaleno this Saturday, April 6, at the Venetian Casino & Resort in Macao, China in a Top Rank presentation to be broadcasted on HBO2.
Martinez (26-1-2, 16 KOs), who is going to defend his belt for the second time, was joined by trainers Raul “Papo” Torres and Dennis Pantoja, also Ivan and Peter Rivera, PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) President and Vice-President, respectively. The group left Puerto Rico this morning for a stopover in New York and from there to Hong Kong to get then to Macao.
Magdaleno (23-0, 9 KOs) is the #1 ranked by the WBO in the junior lightweight division. His last fight was in August, 2012, when he knocked out veteran Antonio Davis.
Besides the Martinez vs Magdaleno clash, will be in action Brian Viloria (32-3, 19 KOs) defending his WBO flyweight title against Juan Francisco Estrada (22-2, 18 KOs), the debut of two time Olympic Gold Medalist Zou Shiming, from China, fighting against Eleazar Valenzuela (2-1-2, 1 KOs), and former WBO superbatnamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (22-2-1, 19 KOs) will defend his WBO International superbantamweight belt against Yasutaka Ishimoto (21-6, 5 KOs).
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins