Ricky Hatton to show off his dancing feet this Saturday
RICKY HATTON might be best known for using his firsts, but this Saturday night he’ll be showing off his dancing feet as he takes part in ‘Let’s Dance for Comic Relief’, live on BBC One at 6.50pm.
The Hitman will join comedians Tim Vine and Olivia Lee plus two other star acts in the first series of heats, with the general public voting for who they want to see go on to grand final on March 9.
Ricky, 34, will also need to impress a panel of star judges, including Frank Skinner and Jo Brand if he’s to progress.
“In the ring I think my footwork was very underrated. I used to feint then slip to the left, slip to the right in order to find my body shots,” Ricky said.
“Let’s see if I can’t bring those moves from the ring to the dance floor!”
Money raised from the show will go towards this year’s Comic Relief, which holds its fun-filled Red Nose Day on Friday March 15.
Since its launch in 1985, Comic Relief has raised more than £600 million for good causes both here in the UK and in Africa.
Hatton’s appearance marks the first time a boxer has taken part as a solo dancer. Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson, Tony Jeffries and Duke McKenzie performed as a group called ‘The Champion Boxers’ in 2010.
- 2014/2015 – Reviews & Previews: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Bradley, Golovkin, & Khan!
- Mayweather an option for Cotto if he doesn’t face Canelo
- De La Hoya sees Canelo replacing Mayweather and Pacquiao as boxing’s top PPV star
- Quillin sees Golovkin fight as not worth the risk
- David Haye promises to return in top form in 2015