Ricky Burns getting ready for the heat Miguel Vazquez will bring on March 16th
World Boxing Organization (WBO) World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns gets a taste of the heat that Mexican ace Miguel Vazquez, the IBF World Champion, will bring to the ring ahead of their big unification showdown when he takes part in a chili-eating challenge.
The two-time world champion spices up preparations ahead of his super-fight on Saturday 16th March at Wembley Arena when the Scottish hero holds a press conference at Glasgow’s famous Mexican restaurant Pancho Villa’s this Thursday (31st January).
Fearless Burns, who’s seen off a deadly Puerto Ricans, hammer-fisted Aussies and teak-tough Africans in his career, faces his hottest test so far against a 3 inch opponent when he attempts to eat as many super-fiery Habanero chili peppers as possible!
Burns said, “I love my spicy food and I’ve got a taste for heat, I’ve never turned down a challenge so far and I won’t turn down this one!”
It’s set to be a fiery affair between the two-weight world champion from Coatbridge and warrior Vazquez who’s never been stopped in 36 fights.
He added, “You don’t get hotter than my fight against Vazquez. It’s going to be a firefight between two top world champions with the winner coming out with both belts and it’ll be me.”
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!
- What Did We Learn in Macau This Weekend?
- Manny Pacquiao: The Final Chapter