Puerto Rican Carlos ‘Macho’ Lopez wins in Mexico
Last night in Tijuana, Mexico, former Puerto Rican National Champion, Carlos ‘Macho’ Lopez ( 3-1-1, 3 KO’s) just needed 37 second to demolish Mexican , Fernando Ramírez ( 0-1 ) in a middleweight division bout, held at the Hangar 27 nightclub.
“The original opponent ( Hugo Gutierrez ) could not fight, and they brought one that was supposedly a former Tijuana amateur champion. At the weigh-in, he threw a bottle of water at me, and told very out loud that I was going to get knocked out in less than a minute, but I went ahead and finished it in 37 seconds with a body shot”, said Carlos ‘Macho’ Lopez, who is trained by his father, Carlos Lopez,Sr, and managed by Mario Avila and Alan Gomez.
20 year old, ‘Macho ‘ Lopez is set to return on Saturday, April 5 at the Moises Navedo Coliseum in Vega Baja, PR, where in the main event, Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Rodriguez will face off against Felix ‘la Ardilla’ Perez.
- Nelson Retains WIBA Belt in Dominating Affair; Jeter Defeats Lange
- Wladimir Klitschko Defends His Titles with a 5th Round KO Over Brave Kubrat Pulev
- Klitschko destroys Pulev in 5th round KO
- Jose Pedraza Wins IBF Elimination Bout against Michael Farenas
- Rashidi Ellis TKO’s De los Santos in Puerto Rico