Photos: Jose Gonzalez training for Ricky Burns
Puerto Rican Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez trained today in Glasgow, Scotland, for his fight against the World Boxing Organization (WBO) champion Ricky Burns (35-2, 10 KOs), this Saturday, May 11, at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland, in a Matchroom Boxing presentation. Gonzalez (22-0, 17 KOs), the #1 WBO ranked and WBO Latino champion in the lightweight division, made a hard training today with his team lead by trainer Roberto Nevarez, manager Andres Ortiz and also trainer Jose Cintron at the Morrison’s Gym.
Tomorrow, at 12:00 m., Gonzalez will have a work out for the media there at the Morrison’s Gym in Glasgow.
- Boxer Briefs: Catching Up with Boxing’s Heavy Hitters & Rising Stars—Bryant “By-By” Jennings
- Gennady Golovkin mows down Rubio in two
- Nicholas Walters stops Donaire in six
- GGG puts Rubio down for the count; Donaire flashes briefly then flickers out at hands of Walters
- GGG vs. Rubio: G-Force Floors Rubio for the Count