Jonathan “Fafa” Perez destroys Duluc, sends message to Olivares
In a matchup of undefeated junior welterweight prospects, Puerto Rican Jonathan “Fafa” Perez ( 5-0, 3 KO’s ) defeated by knockout in the first round, hometown favorite, Gabriel Duluc ( 8-1, 1 KO’s ) in a 6 round scheduled bout, held at the Royale Nightclub in Boston, Massachusetts. The fight was stopped at 2:50.
“Thanks to the intensity of my training I fought and felt great. My hands and legs speed were there, so I knew something really good was going on. My trainer Israel Figueroa with John Scully and Jessie Rodríguez did an amazing job. Man, I was in a 2 year layoff!!!” said an excited Perez, who ended up saying: “But the real winner here is 50 Cent’s prospect Luis Olivares, who didn’t fight me on July 5, he disappeared in fight week, escaping from a secure knockout but now I know why he is called the magic man”.
Perez last fight was on June, 2011 in Puerto Rico, where he defeated debutant, Francisco Soto by unanimous decision.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins