Perez and Capeceta Look for the Win After Fighting to a Draw last Year!
(San Diego, CA) – The tag Fight of the Year gets thrown around pretty liberally in the sport of boxing. With thousands of fights each year, most of them not shown on any network or even on YouTube, it has always been very difficult to narrow it down to truly find the best fight of a particular twelve-month period. Most of the time Fight of the Year honors goes to the most action-packed twelve rounds broadcast on either HBO or Showtime.
In the final Bobby D. Presents fight card for 2013 held last October at the Crowne Plaza Hotel headlined by Vista, California featherweight Aaron Garcia’s technical knockout of the tough Kevin Hoskins of Los Angeles, the sold-out crowd present witnessed the best fight in San Diego. The four-round war was waged by San Diego’s “Smoking” Joe Perez (4-0-1, 3KOs) and Victor Capaceta (3-6-3, 2KOs) of Tijuana in the featherweight division.
In the opening bout of the night Perez and Capaceta went at it, each scoring with their full arsenal of punches to home with a justly scored draw that brought the crowd to their feet.
- Fury wants Klitschko after he defeats Chisora
- Sky Sports to broadcast Khan vs Alexander
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!