Official statement of Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo
Los Angeles, CA (June 12) – “I want to thank all of my fans for their support in the wake of my eye injury this past weekend. I have undergone various medical examinations which I am glad to report revealed no broken bones. California State Athletic Commission physician Dr. Pearlman Hicks has informed me that I only suffered a contusion and my eye specialist thankfully sees no permanent injury to my eye.
I want to thank all of you for the love and support you have given me the past few days. I would also like to congratulate Erislandy Lara on a great fight. I’m sad that I disappointed all my fans by not giving them an “El Perro” victory as I truly believe I was on the verge of knocking Lara down for the third time and winning the fight. The sharp pain of his thumb in my eye caused me to turn my back out of reflex and I could not see out of my left eye.
- Fury wants Klitschko after he defeats Chisora
- Sky Sports to broadcast Khan vs Alexander
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!