Nielsen leaving nothing to chance in his World Championship preparations
Patrick Nielsen is leaving nothing to chance in his preparations for the interim WBA World Middleweight Championship showdown with Dmitry Chudinov in Moscow on June 1st.
The Danish middleweight has left his Copenhagen home and travelled to Torrevieja, Spain for a two-week training camp, devoid of home comforts and distractions.
‘’This is the first time I have been on such an intense training camp in preparation for a fight,’’ said Nielsen.
‘’It has been really helpful to get away from everything and have the time to focus on all the little details. It is important that we don’t leave anything to chance.
‘’This is a massive fight that can open so many doors for me so I must be mentally and physically prepared as never before.’’
Promoter Nisse Sauerland has visited Nielsen at his Spanish training camp and is impressed with the progress the 23 year-old has shown.
‘’Patrick is in great shape,’’ said Sauerland. ‘’I have never seen him so focused ahead of a fight. He knows what a big opportunity this is for him and is doing everything humanly possible to make sure he is ready to grab it with both hands.’’
- The Good, The Bad and the Unfair: A Week in the Life of Boxing
- Cuellar Whips Tamayo To Retain Title On SHOWTIME BOXING
- Mayweather will have an asterisk even if he beats Pacquiao now, says Jones Jr
- Arum: 48 million homes in China watched Pacquiao-Algieri
- Arum: Mayweather is poaching the Mexican holiday