New WBF Champ Salinas Honored By Bolivian President
Newly crowned World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens World Super Bantamweight Champion Jennifer Salinas was this week invited to the presidential palace of Bolivian president Evo Morales (54), who praised Salinas for her great efforts and achievements.
Salinas (15-3, 4 KOs) won the WBF World title on November 16 in front of around 15.000 spectators at the Estadio Ramón Tahuichi Aguilera in Santa Cruz, with a dominating unanimous decision over Columbian former world champion Yolis Marrugo Franco.
President Morales, who is head of the Bolivian state since 2006, promised to support Salinas when she makes her first title defense, so that such big event can be held in Bolivia. USA-based Salinas is a big fan favorite in Bolivia, despite the fact that her bout against Marrugo was her first in her second home country.
Winning the WBF World title will only make Salinas an even bigger star, and it can now literally be said that she has the support of an entire country.
- Fury wants Klitschko after he defeats Chisora
- Sky Sports to broadcast Khan vs Alexander
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!