MSG Network’s Friday Night Fights
Tonight at 9:00 p.m. on MSG Network’s Friday Night Fights, hosted by John Duddy and Mark Breland: Alexis Arguello vs. Aaron Pryor II (9/9/83).
This classic rematch of their November 1982 fight found Alexis Arguello and Aaron Pryor exchanging blows for nine strong rounds until Pryor’s 10th Round uppercut stunned Arguello and a barrage of secondary punches sent him to the mat for good.
“As we hear the bell at the end of Round 4, Arguello was making his way to the wrong corner,” Duddy comments.
“When you fight for Emanuel Stewart, he keeps you calm in the corner,” says Breland about Pryor’s trainer after the 9th Round. “What he’s telling him right now is keep throwing the short shots to the body and then bring the hook back. Arguello just keeps coming, but Pryor is starting to break him down by moving side to side and keeping busy.”
Friday Night Fights is part of MSG Network’s Summer Block Party. For more information go to www.msg.com/summer and join the conversation on Twitter with @MSGNetworks.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins