Carlos Molina Throws Out First Pitch at U.S. Cellular Field
On Monday night, September 23, newly crowned IBF Junior Middleweight Champion “King” Carlos Molina threw out the Ceremonial First Pitch at U.S. Cellular Field before the Chicago White Sox played the Toronto Blue Jays.
Molina was presented with a custom White Sox Jersey before the game and was given a strong ovation by the fans in his hometown of Chicago. A long-time underdog in the sport, Molina finally overcame the adversity to win his first world title via split decision against Ishe Smith on the pay-per-view televised undercard of Mayweather vs. Alvarez on September 14.
“That was a dream come true,” said Molina after throwing a perfect strike. “I want to thank the Chicago White Sox organization and all the fans for being so kind. I will always make you all proud.”
Molina is currently rumored to be making his first defense on premium cable in December.
Photo by Ron Vesely, Chicago White Sox Team Photographer
- Khan wants Mayweather and Pacquiao in 2015
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead