Luis stops Ledesma
Verona, NY (September 3, 2012) – Tony “Lightning” Luis lived up to his moniker by taking out veteran Andres Ledesma inside of one round Saturday evening at the Turning Stone Casino in Verona, NY.
Fighting in the United States for the first time as a professional, the highly-touted Ontario, Canada native caught Ledesma with a picturesque left hook to the body. The punch, which literally echoed throughout the arena and sent the crowd into a frenzy, put the hard punching Colombian down for the count just 1:57 into the contest.
After the bout, hordes of fans made their way towards Luis to congratulate him on a job well done.
“I’m glad I made a statement in my US debut,” said Luis, who improved to 15-0 with 7 knockouts and fought for the first time under the Greg Cohen Promotions banner. “I caught him with my favorite punch and this fight couldn’t have gone any better!”
Luis’ next fight will be announced shortly.
- 2014/2015 – Reviews & Previews: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Bradley, Golovkin, & Khan!
- Mayweather an option for Cotto if he doesn’t face Canelo
- De La Hoya sees Canelo replacing Mayweather and Pacquiao as boxing’s top PPV star
- Quillin sees Golovkin fight as not worth the risk
- David Haye promises to return in top form in 2015