Lovely Ladies Headline Boxing Card on Friday, April 4th
On Friday, April 4th, the ladies will have their turn to shine in the second installment of “San Diego Fights: Border War” to be held at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in Kearny Mesa.
In the main event, Tijuana’s own Kenia Enriquez (10-0, 5KOs) will face her toughest challenge to date when she takes on the much more experi enced Jolene Blackshear (8-4, 3KOs) of San Diego for the vacant NABF Light Flyweight Title. Blackshear has held the IFBA straw weight and light flyweight titles in the past. The night will also mark the first time Kenia, ranked #7 in the world by the WBC, will compete for a belt. Blackshear’s quick boxing style versus Kenia’s power guarantees fireworks inside of the ring.
Also featured in the night will be San Diego’s own “Diamond Girl” Amaris Quintana (6-2-2, 1KO) as she makes her first appearance in her hometown in nearly two years when she takes on Susan Reno (1-1-1) of New York. The come-forward Quintana is always good for a great fight and on the night of April 4th it will be no exception.
In special attraction fights, a trio of homegrown talent will be on display with the unbeaten David Barragan (7-0-1, 3KOs), Adrian Vargas (7-0-1, 5KOs) and Ulises Sierra (5-0-1, 4KOs) in separate bouts.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins