Kentikian Faces Dan-Bi Kim
Kentikian Faces Dan-Bi Kim in WBA World Title Defense on May 31, 2014 in Krefeld
Cologne, May 14, 2014. WBA World Female Flyweight Champion Susi Kentikian is just weeks away from her second title defense. In a high stakes bout, the “Killer Queen” will face 23-year old Dan-Bi Kim on May 31, 2014 on the undercard of the World Middleweight Title showdown between Felix Sturm and Sam Soliman at the KoenigPALAST in Krefeld, Germany. Kim, hailing from South Korea, is the current IFBA World Mini-Flyweight Champion. She is looking to win her second world title in as many weight-classes.
“It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for her. If she beats me, she’s a two-division world champion. That would make her a instant star in boxing”, said Kentikian, who is currently preparing herself for the fight at the Sturm Box-Promotion gym in Cologne, Germany, with her coach Magomed Schaburow. “She’ll do everything in her power to defeat me. But I can promise that I won’t lose my belt. I’m the champion and will remain the champion!”
Kentikian last fought in December 2013 in Stuttgart. The WBA champ dominated former WBC titleholder Simona Galassi en route to a clear cut unanimous decision win. “I’m very proud of what I did last year”, she said. “I recaptured the world title, fought three strong opponents and beat all of them. But I want to continue to improve in 2014. I want to put on a show for my fans. I can’t wait to step into the ring in Krefeld in front of a great, great crowd.”
Other than Kentikian, WBA International Light Heavyweight Champion Konni Konrad, Maurice Weber and Alex Born will enter the ring on the Sturm vs. Soliman 2 undercard.
Tickets for “The Revenge of the Champion: Sturm vs. Soliman 2” on May 31, 2014 at the KoenigPALAST in Krefeld, Germany, can be bought online at www.eventim.de or at www.tickethall.de or via telephone by calling +49-1806-570070.
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- N’Dam defeats Stevens
- Chad Dawson’s Quest for a Third World Title Continues this Saturday against Tommy Karpency
- Stevens vs. N’Dam: Where the rubber meets the road
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Malignaggi, Mayweather/Pacquiao, Thurman/Kahn, & Danny Garcia!
- Cleverly/Bellew rematch live on Sky Sports Box Office