Joe Hanks Wins Big In California
COSTA MESA, CA (December 7, 2012) Undefeated heavyweight contender Joe “The Future” Hanks won a dominant six round decision over Maurenzo ‘T. Diddy” Smith on Thursday night at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, California.
Winning by scores of 60 -54 on all three judges scorecards, Hanks dominated Smith from the opening bell to improve his record to 21-0-0 with 14 stoppages while Houston’s Smith moved to 11-4-0 (8KO’s).
Promoted by Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing, heading into the fight Hanks was world ranked #13 by the World Boxing Organization.
“We feel Joe is among the top US based heavyweights and we look forward to announcing his next fight in the very near future. 2013 should be a very big year for him” said DeGuardia. “He is ready to face any of the other top contenders in the heavyweight division.”
- Algieri wants to take Pacquiao’s place
- Bradley: Diego Chaves reminds me of Mayweather Jr
- Amir Khan faces Devon Alexander on 12/13 on Showtime
- THIS FRIDAY! Bradley vs. Chaves/Herrera vs. Benavidez Tix Go On Sale
- Boxer Briefs: Catching Up with Boxing’s Heavy Hitters & Rising Stars—Bryant “By-By” Jennings