Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin (6-0, 4 KOs) returns to action on August 30 at the Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle/Westphalia, Germany.
The 23 year-old from Sundsvall will face Maksym Pedyura (14-6-1, 12 KOs) on the undercard of cruiserweight king Marco Huck’s WBO World title defence against Mirko Larghetti. ‘’It’s great to be a part of such a big show,’’ said Wallin. ‘’To fight in Germany on a show headlined by Marco Huck – you don’t get much better than that.’’
Wallin’s opponent, Maksym ‘’Iron Max’’ Pedyura, represents the southpaw’s toughest assignment to date. With twenty-one fights to his name including fourteen victories, Pedyura is an experienced foe who has previously shared the ring with World title challenger Kubrat Pulev and former European Champion Alexander Ustinov.
However, as he enters his second year in the paid ranks, the Swede believes he is ready for the step up in class. ’’I have been really pleased with my development since turning pro last year,’’ said Walllin. ‘’I have learnt a lot from my first six fights and now it’s time to show my true potential. I’ve been putting in a lot of work in the gym and I am stronger than ever. I plan to prove this on August 30.’’
Tickets for the Team Sauerland show at the Gerry Weber Stadium are available via eventim.de.
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date