Golden Boy Promotions signs Brooklyn’s unbeaten 2008 U.S. Olympian Sadam Ali!
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, June 22 – A member of the 2008 United States Olympic team and a young man considered a legitimate contender for world title honors in the coming years, Brooklyn welterweight Sadam Ali is now the latest member of the star-studded Golden Boy Promotions roster, having signed an exclusive promotional agreement with the Los Angeles-based promoter.
“This is the biggest moment of my professional boxing career, but not the last big moment,” said Ali. “Golden Boy Promotions is the top promoter in the game today and I waited for this day for a long time. Now the next step is fighting the best and winning a world title.”
“We’ve watched Sadam develop over the years and he’s without a doubt a young man with the potential to win several world titles,” said Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. “He brings excitement in the ring and has a huge fan following. We’re confident that he has the tools to become a star on both the local level fighting in his hometown of Brooklyn at Barclays Center as well as around the world.”
A decorated amateur boxer who was a Junior Olympic, PAL, and Under-19 National Champion as well as a Two-Time New York Golden Gloves Champion, 24-year-old Sadam Ali (16-0, 10 KO’s) reached the pinnacle of the amateur game in 2008 when he represented the United States at the Beijing Olympic Games. In January of 2009, “World Kid” turned pro with a first round technical knockout win over Ricky Thompson and, after winning all of his fights against increasingly tougher opposition, has gone on to become one of the most popular fighters in the New York metropolitan area. In his most recent fight on October 27, 2012, Ali, who is of Yemeni descent, knocked out Ronnie Warrior Jr. in the second round. With his team of Andre Rozier (trainer), Mahmoud Ali (father/advisor), Anthony Catanzaro (advisor) and Walter Kane (attorney) joining with Golden Boy, the sky’s the limit for this talented welterweight.
Ali’s first bout under the Golden Boy Promotions banner will be announced at a later date.
- Nelson Retains WIBA Belt in Dominating Affair; Jeter Defeats Lange
- Wladimir Klitschko Defends His Titles with a 5th Round KO Over Brave Kubrat Pulev
- Klitschko destroys Pulev in 5th round KO
- Jose Pedraza Wins IBF Elimination Bout against Michael Farenas
- Rashidi Ellis TKO’s De los Santos in Puerto Rico
- Kubrat Pulev to Wladimir Klitschko: “Earn my respect!”
- Two Current Olympic Champions on the Professional Arena on Saturday
- Bryant Jennings – Stiverne or Wilder…I don’t care who it is, I’ll be ready to fight either one of them
- Bellew vs Cleverly II – What’s the Worth?
- Reasons Why Algieri Will Lose and One Why He Won’t