Golden Boy Classics to feature boxing greats Bernard Hopkins & Manny Pacquiao on June 23 on Fox Deporte
LOS ANGELES, June 22 – It’s a night of legends on the Sunday, June 23 edition of Golden Boy Classics on FOX Deportes headlined by the ageless wonder of the fight game, Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins. Golden Boy Classics will preview the match-up on June 23 which will air on FOX Deportes at 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT.
In the Classics main event, it’s a look back as Hopkins takes on then-undefeated Kelly Pavlik in a 2008 fight that shocked the boxing world. Plus, Manny Pacquiao meets Marco Antonio Barrera in their 2007 rematch in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Written off by many after his controversial loss to Joe Calzaghe, then 43-year-old Bernard Hopkins entered the ring at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on October 18, 2008 determined to shock then (34-0) Kelly Pavlik and he did just that. Hopkins put on a boxing clinic en route to a clear cut 12-round decision victory. “The Executioner” wouldn’t be underestimated again.
In November of 2003, an unknown Manny Pacquiao upset Mexican superstar Marco Antonio Barrera, but four years later, on October 6, 2007, Barrera got his shot at redemption and despite a spirited effort, it was Pacquiao who emerged victorious again, this time via 12-round decision.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins