Jason Escalera Knocks Off Another UNdefeated Fighter
For the second time in a span of a two and half week period, Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing’s Super Middleweight Jason Escalera (15-2-1 12KO’s) scored another upset win over a previously undefeated fighter.
Escalera, coming off a decision win over undefeated Naim Terbunja (7-0) on July 18th at The Paramount in Huntington, NY, followed with an even bigger upset win this past Friday. Escalera shined in the national spotlight with a stirring 8 round decision win over Norbert Nemesapati (14-0 13 KO’s) on August 8th, in the co-feature bout televised live as part of the popular ESPN series ” FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS” from Fallon, Nevada.
Escalera survived a shaky first round having been wobbled by a Nemesapati right hand but came storming back to quickly take over the fight in the next round hurting Nemesapati with hard lefts to the body and right hands to the chin.
Escalera dropped Nemesapati with a barrage of punches in the third round and dominated the remainder of the bout winning by scores of 79-72, 78-72, and 78-73.
This is the latest of a string of impressive victories by Star Boxing fighters which started with the Chris Algieri dramatic HBO win over Ruslan Provodnikov for the WBO Jr. Welterweight Championship of the World this past June 14th.
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date