Edguy to perform ahead of Abraham vs. Sjekloca on May 3
They are one of the most successful German metal exports and at the same time huge boxing fans. Now EDGUY will rock Berlin “Velodrom” on May 3rd and help WBO World Champion Arthur Abraham to defend his title against the competing Nikola Sjekloca.
EDGUY, who are currently taking the German charts – with their latest album »Space Police – Defenders Of The Crown« – by storm, have chosen a suitable song to perform for the entry of the super middleweight world champion.
Vocalist and EDGUY-mastermind Tobias Sammet commented as follows: “We want to give Arthur an awesome walk-in. Thus we have chosen the song ‘Love Tyger’ from our new record that will give both the audience as well as Arthur an uplifting spirit on his way to the ring.”
Even the subtitle of the brand new EDGUY release – Defenders Of The Crown – goes along perfectly to the Berlin fight night of Arthur Abraham, according to Sammet. Especially since title challenger Nikola Sjekloca has been bragging about being the next „King“ with his victory over Abraham for weeks and that he will crown himself as “Nikola the I.”.
„This won’t work. King Arthur will of course defeat his crown successfully and Sjekloca will go home empty-handed. We are completely sure about this”, Sammet says.
- Khan wants Mayweather and Pacquiao in 2015
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead