Don King wins Huck vs. Afolabi fight purse bid
Don King Productions won today the purse bid for the third fight between World Boxing Organization (WBO) Jr. Heavyweight champion Marco Huck and Interim champion Ola Afolabi with a $1.5 million offer.
“Don King won the purse bid with $1.5 million and will make the fight on May 25 in Germany”, WBO President Valcarcel, who conducted the purse bid in Miami, said.
European promoters K2 Promotions and Sauerland Event also were involved in the purse bid, whose minimum offer was $300,000.
Huck (32-5-1, 25 KOs) and Afolabi (19-2-4, 9 KOs) have fought two times, winning Huck the first time by a close unanimous decision and the second time ended in a draw. Huck has 10 defenses of his title.
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!
- What Did We Learn in Macau This Weekend?
- Manny Pacquiao: The Final Chapter