Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
Chicago, IL, Saturday, August 23, 2014, — The always electrifying Don “Da Bomb”George (26-4-2, 22 KOs) of Chicago claimed the vacant IBO Super Middleweight title with a unanimous decision over the tough Dayah Davis (22-5-1, 10 KOs) of Coconut Creek, FL in front of a boisterous hometown crowd at US Cellular Field in Chicago.
“After all I’ve been through in life and work I’ve put in this winning the title at home is so so special,” an emotional George said.
George was able to vie for the vacant title in Chicago due to the efforts of his promoter Bobby Hitz.
“I’ve known Don since he was a little kid and I know how hard he worked for this,” said Hitz. “When the opportunity to bring this fight to Chicago presented itself Don and I jumped at the chance.”
- The Good, The Bad and the Unfair: A Week in the Life of Boxing
- Cuellar Whips Tamayo To Retain Title On SHOWTIME BOXING
- Mayweather will have an asterisk even if he beats Pacquiao now, says Jones Jr
- Arum: 48 million homes in China watched Pacquiao-Algieri
- Arum: Mayweather is poaching the Mexican holiday