Doctor To Dish Out Nasty Medicine
Former South African flyweight champion Doctor Ntsele intends to prove that his split decision triumph against Xola Sifama, also a former S.A. national champion, two years ago under controversial circumstances was indeed a worthy victory, and that the controversy was uncalled for.
Now the two will square off in a much anticipated rematch for the vacant World Boxing Federation Intercontinental Flyweight title on April 7 in East London, South Africa on a show promoted by Xaba Promotions headed by Ayanda Matiti.
“I won our first fight fair and square and was surprised when the announcer said it was a split decision”, said The Doctor (14-5-1, 9 KOs), one of South Africa’s favorite and most exciting fighters. He intends to dish out some very nasty medicine to the talented Sifama, and continued: “I am the Doctor and he will be my patient.”
However Xola Sifama (10-5-1, 6 KOs) is having none of it and replied that the Doctor will need to go back to Medical school and that he will be the one teaching Ntsele.
A world title opportunity awaits the winner of this fight, and promoter Ayanda Matiti is confident that such fight can take place in East London, South Africa in June or July.
Ntsele vs. Sifama will be supervised by the WBF Eastern Cape Commissioner Pakamile Jacobs.
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date