Devon Alexander suffers a bicep injury, fight postponed
DETROIT (February 4) – Due to a bicep injury suffered by Devon Alexander “The Great” during training, his championship defense against Kell Brook, scheduled as the main event of the February 23 SHOWTIME telecast, has been postponed. A new date for the bout is currently being scheduled and will be announced shortly.
The February 23 event at the Masonic Temple Theatre in Detroit will still take place as scheduled with the card now being headlined by the world title showdown between Detroit native and IBF Junior Middleweight World Champion Cornelius “K9″ Bundrage and Ishe “Sugar Shay” Smith.
This exciting evening of world championship boxing is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions and sponsored by Corona, AT&T and MGM Grand Detroit. The SHOWTIME telecast begins at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $200, $125, $100, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, are on sale now and are available for purchase at the Masonic Temple box office, online at www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling 800-745-3000.
- Nelson Retains WIBA Belt in Dominating Affair; Jeter Defeats Lange
- Wladimir Klitschko Defends His Titles with a 5th Round KO Over Brave Kubrat Pulev
- Klitschko destroys Pulev in 5th round KO
- Jose Pedraza Wins IBF Elimination Bout against Michael Farenas
- Rashidi Ellis TKO’s De los Santos in Puerto Rico
- Kubrat Pulev to Wladimir Klitschko: “Earn my respect!”
- Two Current Olympic Champions on the Professional Arena on Saturday
- Bryant Jennings – Stiverne or Wilder…I don’t care who it is, I’ll be ready to fight either one of them
- Bellew vs Cleverly II – What’s the Worth?
- Reasons Why Algieri Will Lose and One Why He Won’t