Chase Corbin Wins By TKO!
Friday, June 28, welterweight Chase Corbin, (7-0, 6 KO) made a triumphant return to the ring after a 21 month absence. Corbin scored a second round TKO victory over veteran Roberto Valenzuela, at Quiet Cannon Resort in Montebello, California.
Boxing out of the Mayweather Gym in Las Vegas and trained by Jeff Mayweather, Corbin was effective in dealing with Valenzuela. “I don’t take any opponent light ” he said. “He was durable and tough, but I had some hard shots in the first round, then hurt him with some bombs in the second, and he didn’t want to go on.” Trainer Jeff Mayweather agreed. “Valenzuela was tough but Chase landed good, clean shots, him hurt on a few occasions. He did what he needed to do.” Corbin also gave credit to his team. “I have a good team, and want to thank them for the work getting me back in the ring- Jeff Mayweather, and Melissa Littlejohn; my manager Jared Weiss and co manager Rick Dillard, Amy Green, and Adidas for the gear.”
Corbin will resume training this week, with plans to fight again in July and August.
- Fight weights from Monte Carlo: Murray 159.83, Spada 159.65
- Pacquiao-Roach-Arum Conference Call Transcript
- Roach: Some of Pacquiao’s sparring partners are better than Algieri
- George Groves faces Denis Douglin on 11/22 on Sky Box Office
- Wladimir Klitschko hints at an early outcome of his fight vs. Kubrat Pulev on Nov.15