Carl Frampton Odds-On Favorite Ahead Of Molitor Fight
CARL FRAMPTON’S unbeaten run looks set to continue with a win over Steve Molitor in Belfast on Saturday night, according to the betting on Betfair. The popular Northern Irishman is the big odds-on favourite at 2-7 to successfully defend his super-bantamweight titles.
Frampton’s opponent Steve Molitor has been talking up his chances of victory ahead of their 122lb showdown in the Odyssey Arena. However odds of 3-1 suggest that the Canadian’s bid for glory will come up short on the night.
Betfair’s Alex Bake said: “This fight represents a real step up in class for Frampton, and, although arguably in the twilight of his career, Molitor remains a dangerous opponent. But with a home crowd cheering him on the punters are backing The Jackal to come out on top this weekend.”
Carl Frampton v Steve Molitor – Betfair bet: 2-7 Carl Frampton, 3-1 Steve Molitor, 19-1 the draw
Click the link below to see Carl Frampton in action ahead of Betfair’s Judgement Day
video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd-EN9buuAc
Carl Frampton likes his chances against Steve Molitor on Saturday
CARL FRAMPTON is confident he has what it takes to beat Steve Molitor when the pair go head-to-head in Belfast on Saturday. The undefeated super-bantamweight is defending his Commonwealth and International Boxing Federation (IBF) Inter-Continental titles in the headline bout of Betfair’s Judgement Day.
A fired up Frampton, who is trained by boxing legend Barry McGuigan, told Betfair that there would only be one outcome on the night. He said:
“I’m sparring the absolute best that I ever have. I can only see one thing happening and that’s me knocking him out.
“Having Barry as a manager is really great, and he’s really looking after me. I’ve been fast tracked but that’s what I wanted, I don’t want to be fighting guys I’m just expected to beat all the time. I want to be tested.”
For his final word, Frampton also revealed an additional motivation to bring into the ring on Saturday.
“I’ve been locked away from my fiancée back home, and my daughter Carla. This guy’s got me angry and I’m going to knock him out.”
Carl Frampton will be fighting Steve Molitor at Betfair Judgement Day this Saturday 22 September at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. For the latest odds, visit http://sports.betfair.com/boxing/event?id=26889012
- Nelson Retains WIBA Belt in Dominating Affair; Jeter Defeats Lange
- Wladimir Klitschko Defends His Titles with a 5th Round KO Over Brave Kubrat Pulev
- Klitschko destroys Pulev in 5th round KO
- Jose Pedraza Wins IBF Elimination Bout against Michael Farenas
- Rashidi Ellis TKO’s De los Santos in Puerto Rico
- Kubrat Pulev to Wladimir Klitschko: “Earn my respect!”
- Two Current Olympic Champions on the Professional Arena on Saturday
- Bryant Jennings – Stiverne or Wilder…I don’t care who it is, I’ll be ready to fight either one of them
- Bellew vs Cleverly II – What’s the Worth?
- Reasons Why Algieri Will Lose and One Why He Won’t