Bute vs. Pascal update
Montreal, Wednesday, May 8th – After internal discussions, InterBox and Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) have jointly decided against promoting a boxing event on Saturday, May 25th at the Montreal Bell Centre. Preferring to wait until Lucian Bute recovers from surgery to his hand, HBO has confirmed interest in broadcasting the Bute vs. Pascal bout when the new date is known.
InterBox and the GYM Group will now focus their efforts on the Stevenson vs. Dawson WBC Light Heavyweight event on June 8th. Certain undercard bouts signed for May 25th will be presented on the June 8th card. More details to follow shortly.
Kessler vs Froch II broadcast
InterBox holds the rights to Canada of the May 25th IBF and WBA World Super Middleweight titles Unification bout between Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler, and will announce shortly its intentions regarding broadcast throughout Quebec.
All tickets purchased will be honored
All tickets already purchased for the Bute vs. Pascal Gala will be honored by the Bell Centre for the rescheduled date.
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision