Burns-Mitchell Officials Announced
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announces today the referee and judges who will work this Saturday, September 22, in the lighteweight title bout between champion Ricky Burns and #2 ranked Kevin Mitchell, to be held at the Scottish Exhibition Centre in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, in a Frank Warren Promotions presentation.
Valcarcel reported that for the second defense of Burns’ (34-2, 9 KOs) 135lb belt, against his fellow countryman Mitchell (33-1, 24 KOs), the referee will be Phil Edwards.
Meanwhile, the judges for the Burns-Mitchell fight are Terry O’Connor, Richie Davies and Dave Parris, all three from United Kingdom. WBO supervisor for this bout will be Dennis Gilmartin.
Remember the 25th Annual Convention WBO Silver Jubilee and Election to be held at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino from October 22 to October 26, 2012. For reservations at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, you can call 1 800 937-0010 or access www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com. More information at www.wboboxing.com.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins