Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
Newly crowned IBF Welterweight king to be honoured in home town
Kell Brook will return to Sheffield to a hero’s welcome on Friday as he celebrates his stunning World title win.
Brook travelled to California to rip the IBF Welterweight crown from Shawn Porter via a majority decision in the early hours of Sunday morning, and the 28 year old will address fans and media at the Winter Garden in Sheffield from 1pm on Friday afternoon.
The Sheffield star has been invited to the civic reception along with his family.
Members of Team Brook will be greeted by the Lord Mayor of Sheffield, Councillor Peter Rippon, at the Town Hall at lunchtime, before addressing the public and the press at the Winter Garden alongside promoter Eddie Hearn and trainer Dominic Ingle. He will also give interviews and sign autographs.
“I am so proud to be bringing the title back to Sheffield,” said Brook. “The people have always supported me so passionately from day one, and I am sure that they all stayed up to see me win the title. I am looking forward to thanking them on Friday and I hope there’s a great turn-out.”
- The Good, The Bad and the Unfair: A Week in the Life of Boxing
- Cuellar Whips Tamayo To Retain Title On SHOWTIME BOXING
- Mayweather will have an asterisk even if he beats Pacquiao now, says Jones Jr
- Arum: 48 million homes in China watched Pacquiao-Algieri
- Arum: Mayweather is poaching the Mexican holiday