Braekhus to headline on September 7 as Nordic Fight Night returns to Frederikshavn
The Nordic Fight Night will return to Frederikshavn´s Arena Nord on Saturday, September 7. WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (22-0, 6 KOs) will headline against an opponent to be confirmed shortly. “It´s great to be fighting in Frederikshavn again,” the First Lady said. “The support has been phenomenal and I look forward to coming back.”
Braekhus has previously clinched two big victories in Frederikshavn. Last September, she defeated Anne-Sophie Mathis in the women´s fight of the year. In April, she stopped Mia St. John. “The victory over Mathis was one of the highlights of my career, and the atmosphere the Norwegian fans created was unforgettable. September 7 will be no different as I plan to celebrate another big win in front of a Norwegian home crowd.”
Said promoter Nisse Sauerland: “We are close to finalising a deal with Cecilia´s opponent and we will make an announcement as soon as everything is signed. All I can say at this time is that it will be an exciting fight which will push Cecilia to the limit. On top of that, we will once again present the very best of Danish, Norwegian and Swedish boxing.”
Undefeated Norwegian youngster Simeen Smaadal (6-0, 2 KOs) will also be in action. Tickets are on sale at www.arenanord.dk.
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins