Braekhus enters final stages of training
WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus (23-0, 7 KOs) has entered the final stages of her training as she prepares for her title defence against Myriam Lamare (22-3, 10 KOs) at the Nordic Fight Night on February 1st.
‘’My training has been going great so far,’’ said the pound-for-pound number one.
‘’Now I am in for some tough weeks, with a lot of sparring, to make sure I am ready for Lamare. I have two sparring partners over, one from Bulgaria and one from Austria. I have also been doing a lot of technical work with Marcos Nader which has been really beneficial for me.’’
Having switched trainers, Braekhus has been preparing for this fight under the guidance of Otto Ramin. The ‘’First Lady’’ is enjoying her work with the renowned German coach. ‘’The training with Otto has been going really well. We have worked together before and he is a very experienced coach. I feel like I am in good hands with Otto and I believe this will be a very successful partnership.’’
Braekhus faces Lamare at the Arena Nord in Frederikshavn. Tickets are available at arenanord.dk.
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!
- What Did We Learn in Macau This Weekend?
- Manny Pacquiao: The Final Chapter