Andre Berto Licensed by California State Athletic Commission
WINTER HAVEN, FLA.) – Andre Berto (Winter Haven, Fla.) has been licensed by the California State Athletic Commission after completing all necessary pre-licensing requirements.
“As someone who truly believes in clean sport, I have never used any type of performing enhancing drugs. Everything I’ve achieved was the result of hard work and determination,” Berto said. “I am excited that this whole situation is behind me, and I look forward to returning to the ring soon with another exciting performance so stay tuned.”
Berto’s positive test in May revealed extremely small amounts of a banned substance, that were inconsistent with any performance-enhancing effect and were much more consistent with contamination of an otherwise acceptable food or supplement.
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date
- Andy Lee produces the “feel good” moment during an action packed night of boxing