Anderson-Castaneda Tops “Lights Out” August 9!
Newark, NJ (August 1, 2014) – Popular welterweight Michael “Slick” Anderson of Newark will look to add another victory to his ledger when he faces hardcore veteran Rogelio Castaneda Saturday, August 9 in the eight round main event of “Lights Out” at the Parsippany Police Athletic League in Parsippany, NJ.
“Lights Out” is promoted by All Out Promotions and Edmonds Promotions and tickets from $40 are available by calling 732-859-4183. The opening bell is scheduled for 7 pm with doors opening at 6.
In addition to this excellent evening of boxing, All Out Promotions and Edmonds Promotions are hosting a special 50/50 raffle, with the proceeds going to the Lupus Foundation.
Fighting for the first time since a grueling eight round split decision over George Sosa last November, Anderson’s 13-2 with 10 victories by knockout and has world class hand speed. Outside of the ring, Anderson is the President of “Show Off Riders” Motorcycle Club and regularly supports community related causes.
A 50 fight veteran, Castanada’s willing to fight anybody, any time, any place and anywhere. The Sacramento, CA based Mexican’s challenged the likes of Lucas Matthysse (twice), Konstantin Ponomarev, Lamont Peterson, Francisco Bojado, Demetrius Hopkins and Sirimongkol Singwancha amongst others. The upset-minded 37-year-old has almost four times as many fights and boxed 267 more rounds than Anderson.
Cruiserweight Dave Valykeo of Neptune, NJ will attempt to get back on track following the first setback of his career when he squares off against fellow New Jerseyan Tracey Johnson of Camden. Valykeo, 4-1, has a strong following and meets Johnson in a six rounder.
In a special attraction bout, rising light heavyweight star Yunieski Gonzalez of Miami, FL will face an opponent to be named. One of the top up and coming talents in the 175 pound division, Gonzalez came from the famed Cuban amateur program and is 14-0 with 10 knockouts.
In separate undercard bouts, locals Godson “Soldier Boy” Noel, Frank Jordan, Joseph Williams and Bienvenido Diaz will appear in four round contests.
“August 9th will be a great evening for boxing fan” said Michael Daugherty, CEO of All Out Promotions. “There are some very talented fighters on the card and I’m excited to see everybody in action.”
The Parsippany PAL is located at 33 Baldwin Road Parsippany, NJ 07054.
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Chad Dawson’s Quest for a Third World Title Continues this Saturday against Tommy Karpency
- Stevens vs. N’Dam: Where the rubber meets the road
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Malignaggi, Mayweather/Pacquiao, Thurman/Kahn, & Danny Garcia!
- Cleverly/Bellew rematch live on Sky Sports Box Office
- ESPN Boxing Weigh-In Results