AIBA further strengthens its commitment for transparency
London, Great Britain, 02 August 2012 – Following the review of Bout #105 and Bout #108, AIBA Technical Delegates, Competition Jury Chairman, Draw Commission Chairman and R&Js Evaluators have unanimously taken the following decisions.
– To expel Referee Ishanguly Meretnyyazov (Turkmenistan) from the London 2012 Olympic Games with immediate effect. Mr Meretnyyazov is on his way back home.
– To suspend Referee Frank Scharmach (Germany) from Refereeing for a period of five (5) days, up to and including 06 August.
Also, following a number of breaches of the AIBA Code of Conduct, the AIBA Olympic Compliance Committee proposed to the AIBA President to expel International Technical Official (ITO) Aghajan Abiyev (Azerbaijan) from the London 2012 Olympic Games with immediate effect. The decision was approved by the AIBA President and therefore Mr Abiyev has now left the AIBA Delegation’s hotel.
Dr Ching-Kuo Wu, AIBA President declared: “I deeply regret that we had to take these decisions. However, our main concern has been and will always be the protection of the integrity and fair-play of our competitions. I will take all possible steps to reinforce this.”
- 2014/2015 – Reviews & Previews: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Bradley, Golovkin, & Khan!
- Mayweather an option for Cotto if he doesn’t face Canelo
- De La Hoya sees Canelo replacing Mayweather and Pacquiao as boxing’s top PPV star
- Quillin sees Golovkin fight as not worth the risk
- David Haye promises to return in top form in 2015