Glory: 8-man tournament
GLORY, the world’s premier kickboxing league, today announced the first match-up in the one-night, 8-man tournament for its inaugural Pay-Per-View (PPV) event, GLORY: LAST MAN STANDING, to air live from The Forum, Presented by Chase, in Inglewood, California on Saturday, June 21st.
Power puncher Melvin ‘No Mercy’ Manhoef (47-11-0, 37 KO) makes his GLORY debut when he takes on technician Filip ‘The Belgian Bull’ Verlinden (42-11-1, 16 KO) in the tournament’s opening round. The winner will advance to the semi-final round and remain in contention to be crowned GLORY Middleweight World Champion.
The following video is a pre-fight interview with Melvin Manhoef, previewing the event.
His opponent, Filip Verlinden’s pre-fight interview can be found below.
Additional match-ups for GLORY: LAST MAN STANDING, which airs at 10:00 pm ET on PPV, will be announced at a later date.
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date
- Andy Lee produces the “feel good” moment during an action packed night of boxing