Ruslan Provodnikov Begins Training Camp
World Ranked Ruslan Provodnikov began training camp today at the Wild Card Gym to start his preparation for his October 19th clash with WBO Jr. Welterweight champion Mike Alvarado that will take place in Denver and will be seen Live on HBO.
Provodnikov (22-2, 15 KO’s) arrived in Los Angeles last week and did promotional activities with Alvarado which included the taping of the popular “Face to Face “program. Today he started full force with Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach and world class strength and conditioning coach Gavin McMillian.
Tonight, Provodnikov will board a flight for Denver for the kick off press conference which takes place on Tuesday afternoon.
“My fate gave me another chance in a big fight to fight for the title.” said Provodnikov.
“Today I started training camp which is the road towards my dream and goal to become world champion”.
Said Provodnikov’s manager Vadim Kornilov, “Ruslan started training with Gavin McMillian today. With the full training camp that Ruslan will get with Freddie and Gavin, I think Ruslan will be a more complete fighter in the ring”.
The fight is promoted by Top Rank and Banner Promotions.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”