Richie Commey in Scotland sparring with Ricky Burns
Hard hitting Ghanaian IBF Intercontinetal Lightweight champion and mandatory challenger to the Commonwealth belt, Richard Commey has arrived in Scotland across from London with his trainer, Carl Lokko to spar with world champion, Briton Ricky Burns ahead of the Burns’s impending defence of the WBO Lightweight belt against Raymundo Beltran on September 7.
According to Coach Lokko, Commey will also use the opportunity to prepare for his upcoming IBF International Lightweight title fight against a yet-to-be named opponent on September 7 whilst still waiting on the opportunity to face Stanley Matthews later in the year for the Commonwealth belt of the same weight. “We are going to Scotland tomorrow, we have been invited by Ricky Burns the world champion for a one-week sparring camp for his upcoming fight as well as Richie’s upcoming fight. We are very busy,” Coach Lokko revealed to the Ghana based website, www.sportsinghana.com from their UK base Monday morning.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”