No purse bid for Rocky Martinez-Mikey Garcia today; they agree to face on November 9th
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO) president, Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today that Roman “Rocky” Martinez and Miguel Angel “Mikey” Garcia reached an agreement to face on November 9 for the WBO junior lightweight title.
“There is no need a purse bid today. We have an agreement for the fight between Martinez and Garcia to fight on November 9”, Valcarcel said.
Today, at 5:00 p.m. it suposed to be held a purse bid with a minimum of $150,000 for the fight between Martinez (27-1-2, 16 KOs) and Garcia (32-0, 27 KOs), but after reached the agreement the purse bid is suspended.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”