Neequaye claims unanimous win over Flores
By Prince Dornu-Leiku – Ghana boxer Samuel Kotey Neequaye did everything but knock out Frederico Flores Jr. when claiming a unanimous points decision victory over the American in a Light welterweight contest at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino, Verona, New York Saturday night.
So dominant was the Ghanaian whose perfect record improved to 18-0, 14 knockouts, that all three judges gave him almost every round bar one.
Under the supervision of referee Charlie Fitch, judge one, Don Ackerman, gave Kotey all ten rounds 100-90, Tom Hicks did likewise 100-90 with Tom Schrek a little generous in ruling it 99-91 to give Neequaye a resounding victory in his first ever fight in America.
Under the strict supervision of his manager Stephen Darko backed by promoters Aasha Record Breakers Inc., more tests of fights are expected for 29 year old Samuel Kotey Neequaye in the coming months as he pushes up the ranks.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”