Manny Pacquiao on Mayweather Fight: “Phones Are Open 24/7″
Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KOs) appeared in studio during last night’s episode of Olbermann. Host Keith Olbermann asked Pacquiao if he will ever fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26 KOs). His response: “Our line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If he calls and says he will fight, we will do it.” Watch clip here.
Pacquiao is in New York for a Thursday press conference to announce his much anticipated rematch between undefeated Welterweight title holder Timothy Bradley Jr. (31-0, 12 KOs). The fight will take place Saturday, April 12, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Bradley won a controversial split decision, ending Pacquiao’s Welterweight title reign, in their first fight back in 2012.
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date