Kotey Neequaye fights for NABA title August 2
US based Ghanaian boxer, Samuel Kotey Neequaye gets the opportunity to win his first title in the America when he faces 40 year old Dorin Spivey on August with the (North America Boxing Association) Lightweight belt at stake for the winner.
World title chasing Neequaye has impressed on all three of his fights in the US since arriving a little over a year ago. Now he gets the chance to win a title and edge closer to realizing the world championship glory when they square off at the Bob Carpenter Center, Newark, Delaware, USA on August 2. But in the vastly experienced Spivey (42-6, 30 KOs), the Ghanaian faces the sternest of tests but it’s one that the 30 year old Neequaye has sworn to ride no matter how tough it comes.
“It’s all about survival of the fittest and knowing where I’m coming from, nothing is going to stop me. I know he has been around for a long time but I’m also determined to write my own history so let’s go rumble in the ring. I’m ready,” Neequaye told the Ghana based newspaper BOXING IN GHANA from his US base.
- Nelson Retains WIBA Belt in Dominating Affair; Jeter Defeats Lange
- Wladimir Klitschko Defends His Titles with a 5th Round KO Over Brave Kubrat Pulev
- Klitschko destroys Pulev in 5th round KO
- Jose Pedraza Wins IBF Elimination Bout against Michael Farenas
- Rashidi Ellis TKO’s De los Santos in Puerto Rico