Jhonatan Romero Final Press Conference Quotes
Gary Shaw Productions in association with Thompson Boxing Promotions are proud to announce Jhonatan Romero (23-0, 12 KOs) vs. Kiko Martinez (28-4, 20 KOs) for the IBF junior featherweight title as the co-feature attraction to Daniel Geale (29-1, 15KOs) vs. Darren Barker (25-1, 16KOs) live on HBO Boxing After Dark® on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
The 12-round championship bout will take place at the Revel Casino-Hotel, Atlantic City’s newest and largest casino resort. Ticket prices start at $30 and are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com, and by calling 800-745-3000. The HBO Boxing After Dark Telecast will begin at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
Jhonatan Romero quotes from Thursday’s press conference at the Revel Casino-Hotel in Atlantic City:
“I’m happy to be here in Atlantic City,” Romero said. “I want to thank everybody that made this possible, my promoters, HBO and the beautiful Revel Casino. I fight for the colors of my Colombian flag, my family and my team.”
“I know Martinez is a strong athlete, but I came to win,” Romero continued. “I have traveled and worked hard to be here and I won’t let this moment slip away.”
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”