David Price back with a bang!
Photo by Wende – The rebuilding process has begun for David Price (16-2, 14 KOs). The British heavyweight is back to winning ways following the first-round knockout of Istvan Ruzsinsky (12-10-1, 8 KOs) at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle in Stuttgart. Price landed two devastating right hands in the opening round to send Ruzsinsky crashing to the canvas and unable to continue.
‘’It feels great to get back under the lights and get going again,’’ said Price. ‘’I knew I had an opponent in front of me who was nowhere near my level but I still had to get in there, stay focused and do a professional job. I am happy to get the win and now we can crack on.’’
Promoter Kalle Sauerland: ‘’There will be no screaming and shouting from us yet. This was the first step of the journey for David and he did what he needed to do. We still have a long way to go but it was important to get this first win under his belt. It is great to see the big man back in the ring, reminding us all of what he is capable of!’’
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”