Bermane Stiverne adds interest to the heavyweight division: ranking today’s top-10
(Photo credit: Naoki Fakuda) Brand new WBC heavyweight king Bermane Stiverne has certainly added a whole not of new interest to today’s Klitschko dominated heavyweight division, and with a handful of deserving and/or exciting contenders out there, the weight class that has turned off many fans over the past few years seems set to reignite worldwide fan interest in the coming months.
Wladimir Klitschko is the main man at heavyweight and perhaps always will be (until he retires, anyway), but there is, all of a sudden, a number of interesting challengers gunning for him; not least the new WBC ruler Wladimir has expressed much interest in facing ASAP.
That said, what does today’s top-10 heavyweight division look like today, rankings-wise?
Here’s my top-10:
1: Wladimir Klitschko, 62-3(52) Ring Magazine, IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO champion
2: Kubrat Pulev, 20-0(11)
3: Alexander Povetkin, 26-1(18)
4: Bermane Stiverne, 24-1-1(21) WBC champion
5: Tony Thompson, 39-4(26)
6: Tyson Fury, 22-0(16)
7: Vyacheslav Glazkov, 17-0-1(11)
8: Deontay Wilder, 31-0(31)
9: Chris Arreola, 36-4(31)
10: Bryant Jennings, 18-0(10)
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision