After Last Night’s Big Win From Arthur Abraham: Ranking Today’s Top-10 Super-Middleweights
By James Slater – German superhero Arthur Abraham simply had to win last night, lest his great career be left in limbo. Well, “King” Arthur got the job done against a good young, fresh fighter in Robert Stieglitz, winning an exciting, closely-fought 12-rounder by scores of 116-112 twice and 115-113. Abraham improved to 35-3(27) and he now holds the WBO title at 168-pounds – this the second weight class he has ruled in.
Abraham also opened up the door for some big, intriguing fights at super-middleweight. A talent-rich weight class, 168 boasts some fine fighters, even the odd mega-star/possible all-time great of the future.
That said, who are the ten best at 168 today:
1: Andre Ward, 25-0(13).
2: Carl Froch, 29-2(21).
3: Lucian Bute, 30-1(24).
4: Andre Dirrell, 20-1(14).
5: Arthur Abraham, 35-3(27).
6: Robert Stieglitz, 42-3(23).
7: Sakio Bika, 30-5-2(21).
8: George Groves, 15-0(12).
9: Edwin Rodriguez, 21-0(14).
10: Kelly Pavlik, 40-2(34).
- The Good, The Bad and the Unfair: A Week in the Life of Boxing
- Cuellar Whips Tamayo To Retain Title On SHOWTIME BOXING
- Mayweather will have an asterisk even if he beats Pacquiao now, says Jones Jr
- Arum: 48 million homes in China watched Pacquiao-Algieri
- Arum: Mayweather is poaching the Mexican holiday