Welterweight Kell Brook (31-0, 21 KO’s) defeated 36-year-old Vyacheslav Senchenko (34-2, 23 KO’s) by a 4th round TKO tonight on Saturday night in an IBF welterweight eliminator bout at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Brook knocked Senchenko down twice in the fight, once in the 3rd and a final time in the 4th. Senchenko was too hurt to continue after he staggered back to his feet in the 4th.
Brook survived a scare in the 4th when he was hurt by a long right hand to the head that sent him scurrying to the ropes. Brook quickly recovered and came back to drop Senchenko with a right hand.
Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn says he would like to match Brook against Amir Khan or Adrien Broner. If not, then he’ll be looking to match Brook against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander next. Continue reading
Kell Brook has vowed to prove he’s ready for his IBF World Welterweight title shot when he taken on former World champion Vyacheslav Senchenko at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield tomorrow night (October 26), live on Sky Sports. Brook tackles the Ukrainian conqueror of British boxing hero Ricky Hatton with IBF king Devon Alexander and his challenger Shawn Porter in the winner’s sights. The unbeaten Sheffield star believes he’ll be the one facing the winner of that November 30 bout early in 2014, and cannot wait to put on a big display tomorrow night.
“I’m going to prove on Saturday night why they call me the Special One,” said Brook, who tipped the scales at 10st 6lbs 2oz, with Senchenko scaling 10st 6lbs 13oz. “Last time Senchenko came over here he left a happy man, but I can assure you that this time he will go home a sad man. Continue reading
Dominic Ingle, the trainer for unbeaten Kell Brook (30-0, 20 KO’s), is expecting a tough fight for him this Saturday night against former WBA welterweight title holder Vyacheslav Senchenko (34-1, 23 KO’s), but ultimately Ingle sees Brook getting to him past the 9th round to record a knockout in this fight in their IBF eliminator bout at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, UK.
Brook needs a victory in this fight to move forward for another shot against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander.
Brook fought a won an IBF eliminator last year in defeating Hector Saldivia. But then unfortunately Brook suffered two injuries that got in the way of his title shot against Alexander. This time Brook intends on making the most of his opportunities by beating the 36-year-old Senchenko, and then finally getting his shot against Alexander. Continue reading
This Saturday afternoon a very important Welterweight bout will take place as IBF number-one ranked Kell Brook (30-0, 20 KO’s) will take on number-eight ranked and former WBA Welterweight champion, Vyacheslav Senchenko (34-1, 23 KO’s)
The 12 round elimination bout will top a terrific four bout card that will be televised on AWE and www.awetv.com beginning at 3pm eastern / 12 noon pacific.
The fight card will take place at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, England.
Also appearing on the telecast will be the 2nd professional outing of 2012 Olympic gold medal winner in heavyweight Anthony Joshua (1-0, 1 KO) as well as a very important WBO Jr. Middleweight Continue reading
Kell Brook has vowed to prove he is ready for his World title shot by performing a ‘demolition job’ on former WBA king Vyacheslav Senchenko when they meet at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.
Twelve months ago Brook dismantled Argentine Hector Saldivia inside three rounds in a final eliminator for the IBF title and the unbeaten star was riding high with a fight against champion Devon Alexander lined up. However, injuries to both fighters meant the bout was postponed three times, leaving Brook heartbroken. Continue reading
On Saturday afternoon October 26th, undefeated Welterweight contender Kell Brook will battle former WBA Welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko in a bout scheduled for 12 rounds and will be broadcasted in the United States on AWE and www.awetv.com Continue reading
By Michael Collins: Former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan says he’ll be making an announcement about his next opponent for April this week. He’s meeting with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer in the UK to pick from one of the following fighters: Victor Ortiz, Josesito Lopez and Vyachaeslav Senchenko.
Khan said to Sky Sports “There are several opponents we’re looking at. A lot of people are talking about Josesito Lopez, Victor Ortiz, Senchenko, the guy that beat Ricky Hatton. There are few names that we have been put there. I’m one of those fighters that will fight anyone. I never said no to an opponent and I never will. Whoever they find for me, we’ll find out in the next couple of days. I have to meet with Richard Schaefer and we’re going to talk about an opponent. So the next couple of days we’re going to announce who I’ll be fighting.”
I don’t care to see Khan fight Josesito Lopez. I’m not that interested in seeing Khan fight a guy that was just destroyed by WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. I don’t care that Lopez beat Victor Ortiz, I still don’t like the idea of Khan fighting someone that was beaten as badly as Lopez was. I’d prefer to see Lopez rebuild his career before fighting someone because it’s just off putting to see Khan get fed a guy coming off of a knockout loss. Continue reading
By Rob Smith: Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez are being given the choice of between Jessie Vargas and Vyacheslav Senchenko for their tune-up fights next April. Pacquiao will be fighting on April 13th, and he reportedly will be given the first pick of the two, according to Manila Bulletin, and Marquez will be selecting whichever fighter is left over. Continue reading
By Michael Collins: There’s no question that Ricky Hatton (45-3, 32 KO’s) is feeling pretty bad right about now after being stopped in the 9th round last Saturday night by former WBA World welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko (33-1, 22 KO’s) in front of his own fans in Manchester, England. That had to be painful experience for Hatton in more ways that one.
However, one person who was probably hurt even more by Hatton’s loss is WBA 147 lb champion Paulie Malignaggi, who was hoping to give Hatton a chance at his title in a rematch. This was going to be a big money fight for Malignaggi and the money that he could have gotten for that fight would have likely set him up for life. Now that opportunity is gone due to Hatton losing to Senchenko and then immediately retiring rather than choosing to try and learn something from the defeat.
If Malignaggi still wants the fight with Hatton he’s going to have to try and convince him to still make the fight, although I don’t see there being much interest in the fight outside of the UK and the hardcore boxing community. Malignaggi wouldn’t be able to have his WBA title on the line, and the fight would be like an exhibition bout rather than a real fight. Continue reading
Blog Talk Radio’s, “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap” is proud to present a special “Macho Man, British Hitman, and West Coast Ghost” Edition tonight at 9:00 PM EST.
Pugilist KOrner listener line: 718-506-1506
During the outset of tonight’s broadcast, we will be giving a special tribute to the late Hector “Macho” Camacho, who passed away yesterday morning under tragic circumstances.
We will also be dissecting this weekend’s big action, including Guerrero/Berto, Hatton/Senchenko, and Thurman/Quintana. James and Joseph will also give tonight’s listeners a special preview of a possible Mayweather/Guerrero match-up.
During the 2nd half hour, “The Pugilist KOrner” is honored to feature elite level trainer Ronnie Shields. The expert boxing proponent will give us his take on this weekend’s action, as well as upcoming events on the boxing calendar. Continue reading