Klitschko and Wach won’t clash this year?
By BoxingBet.pl – According to Mariusz Kolodziej of Global Boxing Promotions, by no means certain that IBF/WBO/WBA heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (58-3, 51 KO) and undefeated Polish contender Mariusz Wach (27-0, 15 KO) will clash this year. Both teams have not reached an agreement yet, because Wach’s team doesn’t want to accept some Klitschko’s terms.
– By the end of this week we will decide if we agree to their terms, because for now these terms are detrimental for Wach. If Mariusz beat Klitschko, we will become slaves of the German company. He will have to fight three bouts on their terms. We have other opportunities. We can make a fight with Canadian Bermane Stiverne who is number two in the WBC ranking. In case of victory, we will be first on the line to face Vitali Klitschko – Kolodziej told a Polish widely-read journal “Fakt”.
– There is no rush. If we don’t reach an agreement the title shot won’t run away from us. Mariusz has time. There are initial arrangements, but let’s wait. If they don’t agree to our terms, we will make a fight with Stiverne or we face Ray Austin in December. We will get Klitschko either way – Wach’s promoter added.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”